Giora Alexandron completed his PhD in Computer Science Education at the Weizmann Institute of Science.
Currently he is a postdoctoral research fellow in the Online Education Research Group of Prof. David Pritchard (http://relate.mit.edu/ ). His work includes Educational Data Mining to explore the behavior of online students; developing and testing Cognitive hypotheses; and using Machine Learning techniques to obtain Behavioral Analytics and to develop Recommendation Algorithms for Adaptive Learning.
- Alexandron, G., Armoni, M., Gordon, M., and Harel, D. Scenario-based programming, usability-oriented perception. Accepted to ACM Transactions on Computing Education.
- Alexandron, G., Kaplan, H., and Sharir, M. (2007). Kinetic and dynamic data structures for convex hulls and upper envelopes. Computational Geometry: Theory and applications, 36(2): 144-158 (2007).
Papers in refereed conferences:
- Alexandron, G., Armoni, M., Gordon, M., and Harel, D. (2014). Scenario-based programming: Reducing the cognitive load, fostering abstract thinking. In Proceedings of the 36th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE)
- Alexandron, G., Armoni, M., Gordon, M., and Harel, D. (2013). On Teaching Programming with Nondeterminism. In Proceedings of the 8th Workshop in Primary and Secondary Computing Education (WiPSCE).
- Alexandron, G., Armoni, M., Gordon, M., and Harel, D. (2012). The effect of previous programming experience on the learning of scenario-based programming. In Proceedings of the 12th Koli Calling International Conference on Computing Education Research, pp. 151-159.
- Alexandron, G., Armoni, M., and Harel, D. (2011). Programming with the User in Mind. In Proceedings of the 23rd Annual Conference of the Psychology of Programming Interest Group (PPIG).
- Alexandron, G., Lagoon, V., Naveh, R., and Rich, A. (2010). Gendebugger: An explanation-based constraint debugger. Workshop on Techniques for Implementing Constraint programming Systems (TRICS).
- Rich, A., Alexandron, G., and Naveh, R. (2009). An Explanation-based constraint debugger. In Proceedings of the 5th international Haifa verification conference on Hardware and software: verification and testing (HVC), pp. 52-56.
- Alexandron, G., Kaplan, H., and Sharir, M. (2005). Kinetic and dynamic data structures for convex hulls and upper envelopes. In Proceedings of the 9th international conference on Algorithms and Data Structures (WADS), pp. 269-281.
- Alexandron, G., "How to cut a sandwich - on computational geometry and its applications" (Hebrew). Galileo 91:40-46 (2006)