Zachary's current position: Technical Coordinator/Consultant at RWDI Consulting Engineers & Scientists, QC, Canada
Research field: Civil & Environmental Engineering
Current research & development interests: Wind Engineering and Environmental Fluid Mechanics.
Zachary plans for the foreseeable future:
- Continue to provide wind engineering consulting services to design firms and architects working on flexible structures (high-rise buildings, long-span bridges, etc.)
- Develop the state-of-the-art in terms of computational wind engineering
- Pursue full scale atmospheric measurements to calibrate prediction models of extreme wind characteristics
- Foster the relationship between industry and our colleagues at universities to increase the state of knowledge in environmental fluid mechanics and bluff body aerodynamics
- Continue to work with Tel Aviv University as the research program I started there runs its course over the next few years
• Taylor, Z.J.; Palombi, E.; Gurka, R. & Kopp, G.A. 2011. Features of the turbulent flow around symmetric elongated bluff bodies, Journal of Fluids and Structures 27: 250-265.
• Taylor, Z.J.; Kopp, G.A. & Gurka, R. 2010. Flow measurements regarding the timing of vortices during flutter, Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, 98: 864-871.
• Taylor, Z.J.; Gurka, R.; Kopp, G.A. & Liberzon, A. 2010. Long-duration time-resolved PIV to study unsteady aerodynamics. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement 58: 3262-3269.
Refereed Conference Proceedings:
• Taylor, Z.J.; Gurka, R. & Kopp, G.A. Simultaneous PIV/pressure measurements of the flow around elongated bluff bodies. Proceedings of the 7th Int. Colloq. Bluff Body Aerodyn. Appl; 2012 September 2-6; Shanghai, China.
• Ben-Gida, H.; Taylor, Z.J.; Gurka, R. & Liberzon, A. Stratified wake behind a hydrofoil. Proceedings of the 6th Eur. Postgrad. Fluid Dyn. Conf; 2012 July 10-12; London, U.K.
• Taylor, Z.J.; Kopp, G.A. & Gurka, R. Effects of leading edge geometry on the flow around elongated bluff bodies. Proceeding of the 7th Int. Symp. Turbul. Shear Flow Phenom. 2011 July 28-31; Ottawa, Canada.
• Taylor, Z.J.; Kopp, G.A. & Gurka, R. Wake dynamics of a fluttering elongated bluff body. Proceedings of the 6th Int. Symp. Turbul. Shear Flow Phenom; 2009 June 22-24. Seoul, Korea.
• Taylor, Z.J.; Gurka R. & Kopp, G.A. () Geometric effects on shedding frequency of bridge sections. Proceedings of the 11th Am. Conf. Wind Eng; 2009 June 22-26; San Juan, Puerto Rico.
• Taylor, Z.J.; Gurka, R. & Kopp, G.A. Wake measurements for a rectangular cylinder during torsional oscillation. Proceedings of the 7th Int. Symp. Particle Image Velocimetry, 2007 September 11-14; Rome, Italy.
• Taylor, Z.J.; Palombi, E.; Kopp, G.A. & Holmes, W.J. Comparisons of CFD and PIV data for the flow around a rectangular cylinder. Proceedings of the 4th Int. Symp. Comput. Wind Eng; 2006 July 16-19; Yokohama, Japan.
• Taylor, Z.J.; Kopp, G.A. & Gurka, R. (2011) Interaction between leading and trailing edge vortex shedding: effects of bluff body geometry, 64th Annual Meeting APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, Baltimore, USA, November 20-22.
• Taylor, Z.J.; Morrison, M.; Kopp, G.A. & Gurka, R. (2009) Video: Turbulent flow over a house in a simulated hurricane, 62nd Annual Meeting APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, Minneapolis, USA, November 22-24. (Video was 1 of 10 featured on APS press release)
• Taylor, Z.J.; Gurka, R..; Liberzon, A.; & Kopp, G.A. (2008) Open source PIV software applied to streaming, time-resolved PIV data, 61st Annual Meeting APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, San Antonio, USA, November 23-25.
• Taylor, Z.J.; Gurka, R. & Kopp, G.A. (2007) Experiments on a rectangular cylinder in flutter, 60th Annual Meeting APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, Salt Lake City, USA, November 18-20.