- Azrieli Faculty Fellows are selected by the Azrieli Foundation according to a highly competitive selection process focused on academic and research excellence without regard to any institutional affiliations.
- The Fellowships are awarded on the basis of academic and research excellence, without regard to race, religion, gender, ethnicity or age. Candidates are assessed on their potential to make cutting-edge contributions to their respective fields. Aspects of personal merit and leadership abilities are also taken into consideration.
- Candidates may be submitted for consideration no later than seven years after the completion of their Doctoral studies. For woman candidates who gave birth during this period, the period will be extended by 1.5 years for each birth.
- Candidates who are to receive their first full-time faculty appointment at an Israeli university during the academic year 2017-18 (תשע"ח) may be submitted for consideration, if they have not yet held a tenure-track position (Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Associate Professor or other equivalent rank) in a university in Israel. The faculty appointment of the candidate may start as early as June 2017 and no later than the beginning of the second semester of academic year 2017 – 2018 תשע"ח .
- Candidates who wish to be considered for the Fellowship must be nominated and applications must be submitted by one of the following academic institutions:
- Technion-Israel Institute of Technology
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Weizmann Institute of Science
- Tel Aviv University
- Bar-Ilan University
- Ben-Gurion University
- University of Haifa
6. Candidates who are not accepted to the Azrieli Faculty Fellows Program after applying once may be re-nominated and applications may be submitted one more time, in the year immediately following the initial application.