The Azrieli International Postdoctoral Fellowship is awarded to candidates with a record of academic excellence, the potential to perform groundbreaking research and personal merits such as leadership ability and engagement with community.
The applications will be evaluated according to the following rubric:
50%- Academic excellence and independent research ability
- Quality and productivity of research conducted to date
- Previous awards or scholarships
- Originality and critical thinking ability, potential for innovation, self-motivation, determination and perseverance
- Feasibility of proposed research, potential significance, unique contribution of the candidate, clarity of rationale and overall merit
- Suitability and quality of the research environment (sponsor, facilities and general academic environment)
- leadership experience and potential
- communication skills
- community service (inside or outside academia)
A multidisciplinary committee of Israeli and Canadian scholars will review and rank the applications at a meeting in January 2020. The committee has broad representation across academic disciplines, but may not have specific expertise in the areas of each applicant. The proposed Fellowship research should therefore be described in language that is accessible to non-experts.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an online/video-based interview to be scheduled during the period early February, 2020*. Finalists will be announced early March , 2020*.