Michal Nissim is a PhD student at Bar-Ilan University in the field of Education. She is researching the effects of aquatic motor intervention on sensory-motor development, language development, and cognitive development while searching for the neural mechanisms that may mediate the behavioral change. Michal hopes to provide neuro-biological evidences, which will influence the field of hydrotherapy as well as the field of education, offering a deeper understanding of sensory-motor integration and encouraging professionals to seek appropriate therapeutic intervention for developmental deficiencies.
Dissertation topic: Effects of Aquatic Motor Intervention During Early-Childhood and Adulthood on Motor, Cognitive and Language Abilities and Changes in Temporoparietal and Cerebellar Alpha Power
- Nissim, M., Ram-Tsur, R., Zion, M., Dotan Ben-Soussan, T., Mevarech, Z., (2014). Effects of aquatic motor activities on early childhood cognitive and motor development. Open Journal of Social Sciences, 2, 24-39
- Ram-Tsur, R., Nissim, M., Zion, M., Dotan Ben-Soussan T., Mevarech Z. A. Comparison of the Effects of Aquatic and of On-Land Motor Activities on motor and Language Development During Early Childhood. Creative Education. (2013): 4 41-50.
Presentations at conferences:
- Nissim. M., Ram-Tsur, R., Zion, M., Dotan Ben-Soussan T., Mevarech Z. "Cognitive Change: The Effects of Aquatic Motor Activities on Early-Childhood Motor and Cognitive Development". (Poster presented at EARLI SIG 22 "Neuroscience and Education", Göttingen, Germany, 2014).
- Nissim, M., Ram-Tsur, R., Mevarech, Z., Zion, M. “The effects of aquatic motor activities on motor and language development during early childhood”. (Poster presented at FENS Featured Regional Meeting, Prague, Czech Republic, 2013).
- Ram-Tsur, R., Nissim, M., Zion, M., Dotan Ben-Soussan T., Mevarech Z."A Comparison of the Effects of Aquatic and of On-Land Motor Activities on motor and Language Development during Early Childhood)." Slide presentation presented at CEAE -Education and Evaluation,. Beijing, China, 2013)