PhD in Biochemistry
Weizmann Institute of Science
Dissertation Topic: Studying Evolutionary Constraints through Design and Analysis of Metabolic Pathways
Currently, Elad is postdoctoral fellow at ETH Zürich, at Prof. Uwe Sauer's lab. I am studying a phenomenon called substrate channeling, where two different enzymes pass an intermediate compound between them.
I have been an Azrieli fellow during my PhD at the Weizmann Institute, where I studied the natural constraints that apply to metabolic pathways and how to engineer new ones. Being an Azrieli fellow was a great opportunity to meet excellent academics from diverse fields and have a chance to get a glimpse of what their research is about.
- W. Liebermeister*, E. Noor*, A. Flamholz, D. Davidi, J. Bernhardt, R. Milo (2014) A visual account of protein investment in cellular functions, PNAS
- E. Noor*, A. Bar-Even*, A. Flamholz, E. Reznik, W. Liebermeister, R. Milo (2014) Pathway thermodynamics uncovers kinetic obstacles in central metabolism, PLOS Comput. Biol.
- N. Tepper*, E. Noor*, D. Amador-Noguez, H. S. Haraldsdóttir, R. Milo, J. Rabinowitz, W. Liebermeister, T. Shlomi (2013) Steady-State Metabolite Concentrations Reflect a Balance between Maximizing Enzyme Efficiency and Minimizing Total Metabolite Load, PloS one
- E. Noor, A. Flamholz, W. Liebermeister, A. Bar-Even, R. Milo (2013) A Note on the Kinetics of Enzyme Action: a Decomposition that Highlights Thermodynamic Effects, FEBS Letters
- E. Noor*, H. Haraldsdottir*, R. Milo, R. M.T. Fleming (2013) Consistent Estimation of Gibbs Energy using Component Contributions, PLOS Comput. Biol.
- A. Levin-Karp, U. Barenholz, T. Bareia, M. Dayagi, L. Zelcbuch, N. Antonovsky, E. Noor, R. Milo (2013) Quantifying translational coupling in E. coli synthetic operons using RBS modulation and fluorescent reporters, ACS Synthetic Biology
- R. Hecht, E. Noor, G. Dobry, Y. Zigel, A. Bar-Hillel, N. Tishby (2013) Effective Model Representation by Information Bottleneck Principle, IEEE Trans. Audio Speech Lang. Proc.
- A. Flamholz*, E. Noor*, A. Bar-Even, W. Liebermeister, R. Milo (2013) Glycolytic Strategy as a Tradeoff Between Energy Yield and Protein Cost, PNAS
- L. Zelcbuch*, N. Antonovsky*, A. Bar-Even, A. Levin-Karp, U. Barenholz, M. Dayagi, W. Liebermeister, A. Flamholz, E. Noor, S. Amram, A. Brandis, T. Bareia, I. Yofe, H. Jubran, R. Milo (2013) Spanning high-dimensional expression space using ribosome-binding site combinatorics, Nucleic Acids Res.
- A. Bar-Even, E. Noor, A. Flamholz, R. Milo (2012) Design and analysis of metabolic pathways supporting formatotrophic growth for electricity-dependent cultivation of microbes, Biochim Biophys Acta - Bioenergetics
- E. Noor, N. Lewis, R. Milo (2012) A proof for loop-law constraints in stoichiometric metabolic networks, BMC Systems Biology
- E. Noor, R. Milo (2012) Efficiency in Evolutionary Trade-Offs, Science [perspective]
- E. Noor*, A. Bar-Even*, A. Flamholz, Y. Lubling, D. Davidi, R. Milo (2012) An integrated open framework for thermodynamics of reactions that combines accuracy and coverage. Bioinformatics
- A. Bar-Even, A. Flamholz, E. Noor, R. Milo (2012) Thermodynamic constraints shape the structure of carbon fixation pathways, Biochim Biophys Acta
- A. Bar-Even, A. Flamholz, E. Noor, R. Milo (2012) Rethinking glycolysis: on the biochemical logic of metabolic pathways, Nature Chem. Biol. [review article]
- A. Bar-Even, E. Noor, R. Milo (2011) A survey of carbon fixation pathways through a quantitative lens, J. Exp. Bot. [review article]
- A. Flamholz, E. Noor, A. Bar-Even, R. Milo (2011) eQuilibrator--the biochemical thermodynamics calculator, Nucleic Acids Res.
- A. Bar-Even, E. Noor, A. Flamholz, J.M. Buescher, R. Milo (2011) Hydrophobicity and Charge Shape Cellular Metabolite Concentrations, PLOS Comput. Biol.
- A. Bar-Even*, E. Noor*, Y. Savir, W. Liebermeister, D. Davidi, D. Tawfik, R. Milo (2011) The moderately efficient enzyme: evolutionary and physicochemical trends shaping enzyme parameters, Biochemistry
- E. Noor, E. Eden, R. Milo, U. Alon (2010) Central Metabolism as a Minimal Biochemical Walk between Precursors for Biomass and Energy, Molecular Cell
- A. Bar-Even, E. Noor, N. Lewis, R. Milo (2010) Design and Analysis of Synthetic Carbon Fixation Pathways, PNAS
- Y. Savir, E. Noor, R. Milo, T. Tlusty (2009) Cross-species analysis traces adaptation of Rubisco towards optimality in a low dimensional landscape, PNAS
- R. Hecht, E. Noor, N. Tishby (2009) Gaussian Information Bottleneck for Speaker Recognition, Interspeech
- N. Kashtan, E. Noor, U. Alon (2007) Varying Environments can speed up Evolution, PNAS25. E. Noor and H. Aronowitz (2006) Efficient Language Identification using Anchor Models and Support Vector Machines, IEEE Odyssey (* equal contribution)